We have launched a new Listing Details Page (LDP) on zoopla.co.uk to improve how consumers view the details of a property and interact with your listings. The modernised Listing Details Page (LDP) improves the usability as a result of re-designing and prioritising key information within the page, based on consumer research of what is of most value.
This improvement follows on from our Listings Search Results Page (LSRP) update and is yet another step in this ongoing journey where we focus on delivering improvements in product and technology, and that help make our products easier and more intuitive to use.
This article includes:
Across mobile and desktop experiences, consumers can benefit from the new LDP as it:
- Improves usability issues, especially with the mobile experience, and they can benefit from the new modern look and feel
- Increases prominence of key information that is valued by consumers
Old mobile LDP (left) vs the New mobile LDP (right)
You'll notice with the launch of the new LDP that:
- A number of usability improvements have been made. This is predominantly more visible to the mobile listing page experience, as this is where 70% of consumers search for listings
- The prominence of Virtual tours and Floor plans has been increased. With our rollout, we've seen an increase of 39% of consumers interacting with videos, and a 16% increase of consumers interacting with floor plans
- There is increased prevalence of the Share and Save listing buttons as consumers that save a property are 8x more likely to send a lead. With our rollout, we've seen an increase of 37% of consumers saving a listing
- There is decreased prominence of the listing description as we've found that consumers don't find it as useful compared to other information, therefore saving you time writing unnecessarily, long Full descriptions for consumers
- Why are my key Features further down the page?
We have grouped the property Features and description together, which has moved further down the page due to other information being of higher importance to the consumer
- My branding is less prominent now, why has my logo been moved?
We want to ensure consumers are getting the most important information first, so that we increase the likelihood that a consumer is interested in a property. Moving the logo has had no effect on the success of a listing
- Why can’t consumers see how many views the property has had anymore?
Our research has shown that consumers don't see the number of views a home has, as useful when searching for a property as they're unsure what to do with this information. We have therefore reduced prominence of this feature, and so the Last 30 days views can be found in the Listing history tab
- Why can’t consumers see running costs anymore? This was a good USP for Zoopla with first time buyers
We have undertaken extensive testing with consumers to ensure the page is populated with the most useful information. We have therefore removed running costs from the page
- Why is the map more prominent than the information I’ve chosen to write about in my description?
There is decreased prominence of the listing description as consumers don't find it as useful compared to other information, therefore saving you time writing unnecessarily, long Full descriptions for consumers
- How can I control the location of the property on the map?
If you believe that the position of your home on the map is incorrect, please click here to view an article on our Consumer Help Centre where we address this issue in detail