When it comes to listings, there's a lot of variation for a lot of different reasons. From our analysis of Search views and Search clicks across Zoopla*, and from our conversations with home movers, we've compiled this short list of tips which can help to ensure your listings achieve the best results.
- The more photos the better as sales listings with 15+ photos had a 38% higher search click rate than those with just 5 photos. For lettings listings, 6-10 photos was the sweet spot for high search clicks
- Videos or virtual tours both improve search clicks. Sales listings with a virtual tour received a 4% higher search click rate than those without
For more information on best practice for virtual tours, click here
- Floor plans help boost the search clicks as well, and our user research shows that home movers prefer to look at a floor plan rather than read a property's full description to understand the layout of a property. Sales listings with a floorplan received a 9% higher search click rate than those without, and lettings listings received a 4% higher search click rate than those without
For more information on the importance of using floorplans, click here
- Key features/highlights clearly help home movers learn about the property, rather than this information being lost in a long description
* Metrics were measured throughout 2022