When it comes to listings, there's a lot of variation for a lot of different reasons. From our analysis of click through rates across Zoopla, and from our conversations with home movers, we've compiled this short list of tips which can help to ensure your listings achieve the best results.
- 6-10 images on a listing is a good number, but especially on sales listings we see that listings with more images get a better click through rate
- Videos or virtual tours are both proving really popular. With some home movers still sceptical about visiting properties, we’d absolutely suggest either or both. See Best practice for virtual tours
- Floor plans help boost the clickthrough rate as well, and our user research shows that home movers prefer to look at a floor plan rather than read a description to understand the layout of a property. See The importance of using floorplans
- Key features highlighted clearly helps home movers learn about the property, rather than this information being lost in a long description
- Short descriptions shown on the search results page which call out information not already visible there are very effective. Rather that repeat the number of bedrooms talk about the recently refitted kitchen or the south facing garden